Organic Textiles is a Southern California-based company dedicated to natural and organic home and bedding products. We are pioneers in developing superior pillows, bed sheets, comforters, and even more. Our selection of healthy natural products is made to reduce the use of harmful dry cleaning solvents and other toxic chemicals (ex. vinyl, polyester, petroleum based additives, etc.) associated with traditional manufacturing. Besides being all-natural, our production processes are also highly sustainable. Our top-tier items have been GOLS- or GOTS-CERTIFIED, meaning they have undergone the most intensive auditing process in the industry concerning ethical treatment of workers, the environment, and the consumer.
We at OrganicTextiles believe that a healthy conscience is integral to a healthy sleep. Our customers deserve a superior rest knowing their bedding has not contributed to any injustice in the world. Rest easy knowing that the journey of the product from the manufacturer to the bedroom is as pure as the quality of the material.
Natural Latex from Harvest to Home
Natural Latex is derived from the sap of rubber trees in tropical climates near the equator. Once harvested, the milky substance is then poured into a metal mold in a vulcanization oven in which it is essentially "baked" into a solid form. In the traditional Dunlop latex manufacturing process, that mold is filled the whole way with liquid latex. In the Talalay process, the mold is only partially filled with liquid latex, then vacuumed and pushed with air to inflate the volume.
So, what is the difference in result?
- Dunlop foam is the firm and more dense option. It's also more long-lasting. The "settling" effects of Dunlop create a firm layer on the bottom for support, and a soft top layer for pressure point relief, providing a nice balance for side sleepers.
- Talalay is the more airy, bouncy, and soft foam that feels like sleeping on a cloud. Sleepers report sinking into its plush consistency, making it ideal for back sleepers.
- Standard - 24" x 16" x 6"
- Queen - 29" x 16" x 6"
- King - 34" x 16" x 6"
Why choose a Talalay pillow?
- Breathable - low-density, airy material plus Pin-Core construction allows air to flow freely
- Bouncy - extra buoyant and responsive qualities (compared to Dunlop latex) provide proper support, even at softer versions
- Plush - soft and squeezable, allowing your head to sink into material
- Thick - extra voluminous material provides high loft support
- For Sensitive Sleepers - naturally hypoallergenic and anti-microbial